Monday, January 19, 2009

Philadelphia

I went to stay with McMezzle and it was so nice to just hang out in her hood.

I got a bus, for the bargain price of $12, which only took 2 hours from NYC.
It dropped me off by the train station from where I had been reliably informed it would be a piece of cake to catch a cab.

I wandered over to what I assumed was the taxi rank, but found it full of police cars.
I noticed about 10 mounted policemen, then a crowd with placards, and finally a sign on the station door staying "Press Only".

Yes, just as I pulled into town, the president elect was leaving!

So we went to what must be the most popular place in town for brunch, there were people queuing outside in the sub-zero temperatures (I cant remember the name Mez?) for some yummy eggs, wondered round the Italian Market, looked at houses, checked out the weird murals they have on random buildings, saw the old government buildings and the Liberty Bell, got yelled at and whistled out by an officious guard and then...

We went to see the kids from the actual real School of Rock perform!
It was like being back at school at RocSoc, but with a lot more talent.

That evening we went back to the same bar for more bands, Here we go magic, Bear Hands and Department of Eagles who were amazing.
I am now very cool by association!

On Sunday we loafed about, walked through the park to get pastries, wondered to some little shops, watched some American Football and then I headed home.

To lots and lots of snow!
All in all a perfect weekend.

No comments: