Monday, February 9, 2009

DUMBO

On Friday I was supposed to go up to Long Island and hit "the mall" with Vicky all day, but I got a migraine which delayed me by an hour, and then I missed my train and was delayed by another hour because of our lift.
The stupid lifts in our building are always broken and very busy, and so I waited 20 minutes to get to the ground floor of the building!

I got there in the end, and its probably a good thing we werent there all day. The place was huge.
So big, in fact, that we needed a map to find our way around.
But we had a mission, to find jeans for both of us, and we had great success.
Little and large (30" leg and 34" leg!) got matching jeans from Lucky in the sale for a mere £35!

Saturday passed in a blur of hangover and chores.

Sunday was a beautiful sunny day, and it was actually quite warm too.
We walked across the Brooklyn Bridge which was really nice, even though I forgot my camera, and went to a flea market in DUMBO.

It was heaving, and full of tat, but of course we bought stuff.
Simon got an old musical cocktail shaker. Yes, musical.
And a pretty old soda bottle.

I got jewels.
Some little broaches, a necklace and a butterfly hairclip.
Havent worn a hair clip since I was about 6, but I'm willing to give it another try.

No comments: