Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My New York weekend

I think I will always remember last weekend as being one of my most "New York" weekends, as in, it was just how I thought all my weekends would be, before I actually moved here.

On Friday night Simon and I got dolled up and went out.
First we went to a super swanky cocktail bar called Death and Co.
There is no standing room, so they dont even let you in until there is a seat free.
But I know a man who knows a man, so in we went.

All the cocktails are fancy, there's no Sex on the Beach here, so after realising that I probably wouldnt like anything on the menu I ordered what looked like a posh rum punch.
It was amazing.

Then we went for dinner.
We were supposed to have the cheap restaurant week menu, but all the other stuff looked so much better and we were drunk on cocktails so we went crazy and a la carte.
The food was all yummy, and the wine was too.

On Saturday we went to Macy's to do some shopping (not for us sadly, but still fun) and then watched a movie in the evening with Chinese take away. It didnt come in those cardboard boxes they have in Friends, but was jolly nice.

And then on Sunday we saw a certain someone, as I may have mentioned, before spending the rest of the day in MoMA.
Despite my reservations about "modern" art, it was amazing.
The contemporary gallery didnt really do much for me, but the photography exhibition was amazing, as were the sculptures and paintings.

And to reward myself for all that culture, I went home and had a delicious chocolate chip cookie!

No comments: