Saturday, July 12, 2008

5am

What better way is there to spend one of the sunniest days of the year, than sprawling on your sofa with three other people, competing to see who is the most hungover?
We barely moved all morning, and finally decided to go for brunch at about 1 in a desperate attempt to fix ourselves.

(Ed note: brunch here is brilliant, it lasts all day Sat and Sun so it doesn’t matter how late you sleep, you can still get eggs benedict and French toast. Sensible, no?)

After a quick detour round the best toy shop evah Simon and I went home and crashed out on the sofa, watching Indecent Proposal and Andy and Vicky went home.
Tragically I had to go out again at 6 to meet people at Soho House at 6.30. I was not feeling my best.

But I was too excited not to go, because now as well as Reemah and her sister, another one of my old bosses from the BBC had arrived and we were all going out.

Jane and I were first to arrive and just being in such a swanky place made me feel better. That and the pimms. It is so nice, we were up on the roof, basking in the sunshine, looking down on the city, sitting next to a pool! I so need to get membership there, or at least find more people who can get me in.

After a few cocktails and lots of shrieking we all went to eat at CookShop which I have to say I wasn’t bowled over by last time, but this time it was amazing.
We shared starters and puddings and I swear to god everything was so yummy I could have eaten it all by myself.
And obviously there was wine.

We finished there sometime after 12 and Reemah and I decided to push on through and go back to Soho House where we ended up in the games room because its one of only a few places where you can smoke inside in NYC, not that either of us smoke.
But its clearly going to be where all the cool kids hang out.
We played some table football and met a lot of really nice people, all of whom were Brits!
Except one very funny American girl who was with them all.

When we got kicked out of there at 4am, we popped into the pub next door for another drink before finally heading home at 5. The nice girl and her boyfriend insisted on cabbing me back home which was very sweet, and also made me very homesick because when the taxi driver was being annoying the guy called him a bell end, which took me swiftly back to London town!

But seriously, 5am people!

I saw the sunrise!

No comments: