Sunday, July 13, 2008

Weekend ALONE

Simon had to go home for a week to renew his passport so I was all alone for a whole weekend.

Charlie and Laura were also away, so I stayed at theirs after work on Thursday and went for a swim before supper.

I had planned to spend all of Friday sunbathing but of course it was cloudy so I ended up doing nothing and heading back to the city in the afternoon.

Then I got to skype chat with Simon and Gabs and Megan and my cat who were all in our flat which was really fun, but made me very homesick. Luckily the Girls Next Door were there to cheer me up.

On Saturday I went to a BBQ with an old AYS friend in Brooklyn which was really nice.
She has a little garden and there were fire flies there which I thought was very exotic.
I met some nice people and got drunk and ate far too much.

Finally on Sunday I went to meet my friend Rebecca’s new baby, who is now the littlest person I’ve ever met – she was only 10 days old!!

So basically I survived - well done me.

No comments: