Monday, July 14, 2008

July 4th

I’d had high hopes for July 4th, but it was about as much of a wash out as bank holidays in England.

There was apparently only the one parade, which is odd because they seem to parade every weekend for other stuff, and it was in Brooklyn so we didn’t go.

And then it rained when the fireworks were on so we didn’t bother going out and just watched them from our window.
They were good, but a bit too red white and blue for me.

On Saturday we headed out to Long Island to keep Vicki company, thinking we could hit the beach, except it poured with rain all day.

At 6 when it stopped we whizzed to the beach for a quick beer and then went back to hers for a BBQ.

It was a nice weekend, but nothing crazy.

I sort of wish I had stuck to my plan of walking around with lots of little Union Jacks, sticking them in the ground and re-claiming the land in the name of her majesty.

No comments: