Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Birds in da house

I arrived at Charlie and Laura's house this morning (they are in the UK) and as I opened the front door I heard a definite noise.
Of someone moving around.
So I loudly yelled hello, and there followed a noise like glass breaking.

Needless to say I backed out of the house and called Simon.
Who sensibly pointed out that he was a bit far away to help in person, but sternly made me promise I wouldnt go back in the house. No fear there.

So I rang Laura's dad, who stayed on the phone while I walked around the outside of the house looking for burlgars/broken windows/axe murderers.
There were none.

So I bravely went back to the front door, and opened it again and really shouted a hello.
"Hellooooo!" So polite, even to criminals!

But there was silence so I went in (dont worry Lenny was still on the phone, just around the corner) and found the intruders.

Two birds!

The glass noise had been them flying around the shell chandelier in the family room, which sounds exactly like glass breaking!

Then of course there was the issue of how they got in, but it turns out they have done this before, through the chimney.

And finally I was left with cleaning up the remaining evidence of their visit, of which there was a lot, all over the place. They must have been in here all night!

I am now going to have a lie down to recover from the excitement.

No comments: