Sunday, June 8, 2008

Storms

Today was an absolute scorcher, I think it was 34 degrees, and tomorrow its going to be 37 degrees.
It gets incredibly humid in NYC, like there is no air moving anywhere, and it feels so close and sticky, its really uncomfortable.

And that leads to ... thunderstorms.

There is currently an amazing storm raging, and it looks like its right outside my window.
There isnt any rain yet, sadly, as that would cool things down, but there is lighting flickering across the sky every couple of seconds that is so bright and so close!
And it literally seems to be going from the Hudson River to the East River, lighting up my whole view like its daytime.

There is some thunder, though not enough it seems to me, which echoes and rumbles round the buildings in the city which makes it even louder.

Its very cool, but it cut out my cable half way through Girls Next Door!!

No comments: